Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's a Hoppy Birthday!


I sat down last night to make a birthday card design for my Birthday Card Bash that I will be having next week. This is a class where I will have 12 card designs, 2 each boy, girl, tween girl, tween boy, adult female, adult male. My customers can come and make however many birthday cards they want or need for the next 6 months for only $1 per card! I will have everything already designed and cut all they have to do is stamp and assemble! I looked through Stampin Up's Spring Summer Catalog yesterday looking for some color combinations that would be good for a little boy's birthday! On page 66 is a great color combo!!! I just love brightly colored cards! To me they exude happiness and fun! So I went with these colors for the card I made last night! The colors are Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie...both colors I rarely use...and Rose Red and Old Olive! I love these colors together! The Stampin Up catalog is full of FAB-U-LOUS ideas this year!! If you don't have a copy yet, email me and I can send ya one for $7 plus shipping! It is well worth it!! I also pulled out a couple of my much neglected background stamps! I think it turned out really cute and any little boy would love it!! So here it is............

Supplies: Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White Cardstock. Black Stazon, Old Olive Stampin Write Marker, Unfrogettable, Canvas Background, Print Pattern Background stamps, Dimensionals, black gingham ribbon!

Let me know what you think and stay tuned! I'm going to post some more birthday card designs to help you get a jump on your birthday cards for the year! If you are in the Beaumont Texas area, you are more than welcome to attend my class. Email me at melanie@stampadoodledoocreations.com for more information!!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Melanie,
This is adorable! What fun, cheerful colors!!