Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hoppy turns Happy!

Here is a new card I made for the Birthday Bash! I was at the store the other day and saw these colors together...Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White. I honestly can't remember what the colors were on, but I do remember that I told myself I couldn't forget the color combination!! I really loved it! And this Chocolate Satin Ribbon is to die for!!! It is so rich looking!! If you will notice, the happy birthday sentiment is actually the hoppy birthday sentiment from the Unfrogettable stamp set. I just used my black Stampin Write marker to add the line to make the "o" an "a". I love that I can get extra use from that stamp!! I wanted to outline the print pattern background with my white gel pen, but the silly thing wouldn't write for me, so instead, I pressed hard and sort of debossed around the pattern. It adds a little more visual interest to the card. I think I will remake the card without the outlines though to help the card making go quicker, because the simpler the better when it comes to making a lot of cards in one sitting! Here is the complete card! I colored the butterfly from Time Well Spent with my Pink and Turquoise markers. I stamped Print Pattern Background with versamark and the sentiment it stamped in Basic Black. It is a really simple card! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Well...aren't you creative??.....I LOVE how you got more bang for your buck with the HOPPY/HAPPY birthday! Way to go.....creative blessings, Debbie/StudioBeeCreations

Anonymous said...

I am SO stealing that debossing pattern!!!! And thanks for the tip about the hoppy/happy, too. I'm in awe over here!