Sunday, June 24, 2007

Super easy project!!

I went to Target the other day and picked up some little notebooks that are so cute. I saw that Jenn Balcer had altered some you can look at her's here ---> Jenn Balcer » Target Lovin’....so I thought I would take a stab at it. They are kraft colored with different colored "bindings". I bought two of them to alter.....one with turquoise and one with black bindings. They also have an elastic that wraps around from the back to hold them closed. So here's a picture of the one I altered.
I absolutely love dark brown with turquoise! The ribbon I chose with the single stitch inspired me to put faux stitching on the monogram and on each layer of the mats for the monogram and flowers! I think it turned out pretty cute. It was pretty simple to put together. I put the ribbon on with some super duper sticky tape, stamped the letter M in turquoise with letterpress alpha, used my white signo gel pen to put some faux stitching on the M. Then I cut the mats for the letter and did faux stitching on them. I stamped the flower from shapes and shadows in turquoise and put a chocolate chip dot in the center of each. I matted the flowers on chocolate chip and then did faux stitching around them. I'm ready for my close-up!! (Don't look too closely.....my faux stitching isn't perfect!) The last thing I did was tie some ribbon on the elastic. This was a pretty fast and easy project! Stay tuned for another episode....and maybe I'll actually get a new technique up on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Michelle Jaramillo said...

That is just adorable!!! I am going to have to give it a try... when I can get to a Target, there isn't one for about 90 miles. :(

I love the colors you chose! Very pretty!

Laura Evangeline said...

Ahhh! Gotta go to Target NOW!

Ronda Gardner said...

I love this note book, it is adorable. Ronda