Friday, October 5, 2007

Baby Showers........UGGGHHHHH!!!

I'm already tired of baby showers! I have 55 invitations I have finish very soon, and today, I baked a cake for a shower tonight. I had grand ideas of making a 3D cake....BUT the cake had other ideas!! It didn't want to stand up. I wanted it to look like a baby basinet or buggie.....But it still turned out alright I guess. It definitely isn't what I wanted it to look like, but it isn't a paid job, so I won't get any complaints!! Hee hee! I've never taken any cake decorating classes so I'm definitely not a professional at this. I know this isn't the best looking cake, but like I said, I'm doing it for a friend's shower and she will appreciate it anyway.......I HOPE!! I had to figure out how to do the basket weave. Which honestly was a "piece of cake"HAAAAAAA.....I kill myself!! AHEM.......Really, it was very easy to do, but it got a little tricky trying to match up the sides with the top.....that's why it has all the pink border on it!! I know, I know!!.....I didn't put it straight on the board.......I'm a big dork!! And CONGRATULATIONS is a LONG word!! I had to pick it off the first time because I started it about where the G is......I couldn't fit the "tions" on the end!! I guess I could've just said CONGRATS! Dang!! NOW I think of that!!! OK I have another cake to make in 2 weeks.....so I will remember that little tidbit!! I know this isn't stamping....so I hope you all don't quit coming to look at my blog because I put something other than stamped stuff on here!! I have some more cards to post that I made for a workshop last week.....so stay tuned to see those little gems!! ::wink::

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What an awesome job! I'm sure all of your hard work will be much appreciated!

Ticia said...

Great cake !

Anonymous said...

Is that regular frosting or is it fondant? It looks cute! Don't beat yourself up over it...hard to do I know, we are our own worst critic :D

Erin said...

I love that cake! :) I also like to decorate cakes.